Born in Kiev, Ukraine in 1974. Finished a trilingual Ukrainian-Russian-English secondary school in Kiev in 1990.
Graduated in English and Ukrainian linguistics and literary studies from Kiev National Linguistic University in 1995.
Conferred a doctoral degree of CSc. of Philology at Kiev National Linguistic University in 2001 after defending a post-graduate thesis in Comparative and Typological Linguistics.
Was awarded a PhDr. (doctoral) degree in Ukrainian Philology at the Department of Slavic Studies of Palacký University of Olomouc, Czech Republic, in 2014.
Attended a big number of teacher training seminars, educational events and scholarly conferences in Ukraine, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Austria, Sweden, and the USA.
- Doctoral degree of PhDr. (Palacký University of Olomouc, 2014)
- Doctoral degree of CSc. of Philology (Kiev National Linguistic University, 2001)
- Master’s-level university diploma in English and Ukrainian linguistics and literary studies (Kiev National Linguistic University, 1995)
- Certificate of completing a two-semester complementary course of Czech law for translators and interpreters (Law Faculty of Charles University in Prague, 2012)
- Certificate of completing a course of Law English for teaching purposes (the EU-funded project of the language school Skřivánek, 2010-2011)
- Certificate of completing a course of Business English for teaching purposes (the EU-funded project of the language school Skřivánek, 2009)
- Certificates of attending ESOL seminars focused on preparation for Cambridge Exams of English (British Council, Prague, 2009-2011)
- Certified Interlocutor for City and Guilds Language Tests (2010)
- Certified Oral Assessor / Interviewer for Pearson Language Tests (2008)
- State Certificate of the Czech Language Proficiency at Level C2 for Translators (Prague, 2015)
- Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung Zeugnis / A Central Examination Certificate of the German Language at C1 level (Goethe-Institut, Kiew, 2005)
Since September 2016—a sworn (court appointed) translator for Russian, Ukrainian, and English in the Czech Republic
Since 2008 up till now—a teacher of English and Russian at the language schools Skřivánek, Presto, and Polyglot in Prague; a freelance translator from/to English, Russian and Ukrainian; from Czech and German
2015-2020—an external professor of English at Masaryk Institute of Advanced Studies (Czech Technical University in Prague)
2013-2014—an external professor of English for Economic Studies at the University of Economics in Prague (Czech republic)
2001-2007—an associate professor at the English Lexicology and Stylistics Department of Kiev National Linguistic University (Ukraine)
2001-2004—an external associate professor at the English Philology Department of Kiev Institute for Humanities (Ukraine)
1995-2000—a post-graduate student and an assistant professor at the English Lexicology and Stylistics Department of Kiev National Linguistic University (Ukraine)
Cultural sights and history of Ukraine and the Czech Republic, folk and classical music, cycling.